Friday, May 13, 2016

The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker Review

The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker

This book was absolutely amazing. The story was rich with character development and a plot line that never ceased to become anything less that fantastic. I started reading this novel, and then almost 5 hours later I was finished and wanting more. The main characters never become tiresome to read about and have emotions that are easy to understand and do not cause the reader any confusion or have them asking why the character feels a certain way without probable cause. I loved the plot line, especially since I went into this novel not knowing much about it other than the blurb on the back of my ARC copy that I received last year. I’m so glad that I finally got around to reading The Witch Hunter in time for The King Slayer to be released in the next few months, giving me time to bask in the glory that is Virginia Boecker’s writing. This is definitely a book that I would recommend for fans of Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas and Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. The Witch Hunter is full of suspense, action, and of course - romance. However, the romance involved is very well thought out and does not become obvious to you once the novel introduces the potential bachelors for our main protagonist, Elizabeth Grey. The romance is slowly integrated into the novel as their relationship progresses, making it all the more believable for the reader as well as in the story. There isn’t one bad thing I can say about this novel, only that I wish it was longer! The next installment seems so far away, but it is only a few short months until we can travel along side Elizabeth and her newfound gang of friends and companions that she meets along the way.


“I understand the need for deception. I should; I live a life of it. Distasteful, perhaps. But necessary.” 
― Virginia Boecker, The Witch Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment