Saturday, May 28, 2016

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Review

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I was so excited to finally get my hands on this book, and had such high expectations for it. I had already read Landline by her, and thought that I should finally give Fangirl a try. As soon as I started the novel, I instantly connected with Cath, the main character. I too am a twin and love to read, so it made relating with the character very easy for me. The storyline did not go where I thought it was going to go, but maybe that was because I didn’t know much about the novel when I first received a copy. The only real problems I had with this novel was the fact that there was a decent about of cursing, but what else could you expect from college students. There were some characters that I couldn’t really picture in my head from their descriptions, but that didn’t affect the way that I read or interpreted the novel. I suggest that when considering reading this novel, be considerate of your age - anyone who is below the age of 16/17 should be warned that the language and situations may be a little mature for you. The overall impression that I got from this novel that it was a fun, quick read that anyone who is planning to go to college, is in college, or wants a cute read will enjoy this story. Fans of contemporary novels should definitely check this book out as well, it’ll fit right into that classic contemporary feel.

“To really be a nerd, she'd decided, you had to prefer fictional worlds to the real one.” 
― Rainbow RowellFangirl

No comments:

Post a Comment