Sunday, May 15, 2016

Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick Review

Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick
I would first like to thank Little Brown for sending me an ARC of this novel along with three other novels by Matthew Quick. This book was so inspiring and eye-opening to me in retrospect to how people feel when they think that no one cares and how sometimes families and people appear to be something when they’re really not. This was my first Matthew Quick novel, and it’s safe to say that I will definitely be reading more of his work very soon. The characters in Every Exquisite Thing are relatable to a wide spectrum of readers and develop beautifully into people who are aware of what they what from the world and what they want from themselves. I loved how we are immersed into Nanette’s life and her mind. This really allowed me as a reader to understand Nanette and her feelings throughout the novel and help me form an idea of who she was in my head. I highly recommend this novel to fans of All The Bright Places, it truly captures the same feel and essence that All The Bright Places brings to the table and goes even further than I imagined. This novel will truly change your perspective on life and how you will see the world.

"And then one day you will look for you in the mirror and you’ll no longer be able to identify yourself - you’ll only see everyone else. You’ll know that you did what they wanted you to do. You will have assimilated. And you will hate yourself for it, because it will be too late."
- Matthew Quick, Every Exquisite Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment