Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Good Girls by Sara Shepard Review

The Good Girls by Sara Shepard
HOLY. MOLY. THE TWISTS. THE TURNS. This book went above and beyond my expectations for the conclusion of The Perfectionists series, and I can honestly say that this book deserves the five star rating that I gave it. The character development was flawless, each time the book changed POV, I felt as if I was truly in the mind of each different character, and they each had their own voice and attitude to contribute to the story. Sara Shepard has been a long time favorite author of mine, every since six years ago when I picked up Pretty Little Liars when I heard there was going to be a show based on the book. The writing in this book made it truly feel as if a teenager was telling a story, and the plot line flowed very well, there was no choppiness to the story or how it progressed, and I was on the edge of my seat during the second half of the book, dying to know who the killer was. Speaking of - THAT PLOT TWIST - I never, in a million years, expected the reveal of a killer to be done so in this fashion, and I must say - it was fantastic. I loved this book so much and I absolutely will continue reading Sara’s books, and highly recommend this series, and any of Sara’s series, to anyone who loves a good mystery. I’m still in shock after finishing this book, and that hasn’t happened to me in a long time :)

“You want to throw your life away for some stupid conversation we had? Like we're the first people ever who talk about people we want dead.” 
― Sara ShepardThe Good Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment