Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Rose and The Dagger by Renée Ahdieh

The Rose and The Dagger by Renée Ahdieh
Oh. My. God. This book was everything that I had wanted and more. I absolutely love Renee’s writing, and this series is one of my favorite fantasy/romances that is published. The world of The Wrath and The Dawn is truly exceptional, from the beautifully written characters to the breath-catching plot and setting, it draws the reader into the story. Never once did I become bored with the storyline or have to force myself to read through certain parts of the book - everything flowed so smoothly and effortlessly that it allows the reader to completely immerse themselves into the story and connect with the characters. Speaking of characters, the author did a masterful job in writing the character development from The Wrath and The Dawn to this sequel as well as the development in this novel as well. You will fall in love with the story of these characters as they live through the hardships of their world as well as they discover who they are inside. I suggest reading the three novellas that go alongside this series (read in order) so that you will have a better understanding of who the characters are and how their minds work, as well as having that extra background information on them before you advance any further in the story. I highly recommend this series to fans of A Thousand Nights by E.K. Jonston and A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, as all three of these series capture the essence of a beautifully told retelling.

“Love is a force unto itself, sayyidi. For love, people consider the unthinkable...and often achieve the impossible. I would not sneer at its power.” 
― Renee AhdiehThe Wrath & the Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment