Friday, May 20, 2016

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick Review

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick
This book had a very interesting premise, and I have to say that Matthew Quick did a very good job displaying the main character’s inner thoughts and feelings throughout the book. The concept of having the footnotes really intrigued me and I have to say that at times, while they did get excessive at points, were very insightful to the plot. However, I felt that the main character was worked up over small things that normally wouldn’t bother anyone. While I understand why he was upset throughout the book, it felt as if he directed all of his rage on one single thought that didn’t hold as much significance in his life. I completely understand why Leonard was angry at Asher and his mother, and feel for him. Though at some points, it felt as if he was rambling on about useless things in life, which caused me to have to make myself read through long passages of him talking about random topics. I really wanted to love this book, but it had those little things that did not meet my expectations. I do, however, look forward to reading more of his novels, and see how they flow as well.

“You're different. And I'm different too. Different is good. But different is hard. Believe me, I know.” 
― Matthew QuickForgive Me, Leonard Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment