Sunday, May 22, 2016

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Review

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen 
 I absolutely adored this book! Jane Austen was able to create characters that draw you into their lives and make the reader committed to their every move. The plot never dropped - I was always turning the pages and only set it down when I had to. The writing was beautiful, even though it’s been said that this style of writing is hard to understand, I understood every word and was completely immersed into the story. You’ll fall in love with the relationships between the characters and root for their success and cringe in their downfall. I laughed, I cried. People who are already fans of Austen’s work will thoroughly enjoy this story, and will definitely appreciate the novel. These are some of my favorite characters in the literature world, and hold a dear place in my heart. The romance is not overplayed, and isn’t the center of the entire novel, which is refreshing to see. I only had a few problems while reading it, which were that only at one point that the story seemed to drag out a bit, and that it seemed that Elizabeth was allowing people to control her life and what she did. Overall, this book left a huge impression on me, and I highly recommend this novel to anyone who wants to start reading classic novels that are full of intrigue and choices.

“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” 
― Jane AustenPride and Prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment