Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo Review

The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
This is one of my favorite trilogies that I’ve read! The characters are amazing and the world that they live in truly is magical. I really loved the way Alina, the main character, dealt with her problems and evolved as a character. Our villain was fantastic, and I can’t even begin to describe how much I loved to hate him; he was one of a kind. The writing flowed smoothly, however at some points there were small sections that I felt stalled the plot. The first book, Shadow and Bone did an extremely well job in establishing the world and how the characters formed their relationships with one another. The magical aspect of the novel made it very enjoyable to read and made it a quick read as well. The second installment, Siege and Storm, was even better than the first and held the plot together nicely. It transitioned from the first book very well and established a clear goal for our protagonist. The final book, Ruin and Rising, ending thins on a very good note and wrapped up the series in a way that answered all the questions and resolved all the problems. The only problem I had with this book was that one of my ships didn’t get together, but that’s totally okay! I respect the outcome and very much enjoyed the conclusion of this tale. This series would be great for fans of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige, and The Host by Stephanie Meyer. I can’t wait to read Six of Crows, the first installment of Leigh Bardugo’s new series, set in the same world as the Grisha Trilogy!
Overall Rating: 9.6/10

“The problem with wanting," he whispered, his mouth trailing along my jaw until it hovered over my lips, "is that it makes us weak.” 
― Leigh BardugoShadow and Bone

No comments:

Post a Comment