Sunday, August 21, 2016

Caraval by Stephanie Garber ARC Review


Caraval By Stephanie Garber

Wow. This is definitely one of the best if not the best book that I have read in 2016. I honestly am at a loss for words after finishing this novel. I received an ARC copy of Caraval from BEA this year, and I finally decided to sit down and read it, and I am so glad that I made that decision. I managed to fly threw this enticing novel in just two days, and I could not put it down. The writing was absolutely exquisite, it pulls the reader in as the words are woven into an elegant story full of risks and romance. The world of Caraval is something that you won't find anywhere else in the YA genre - the constant struggle to determine what is true and what is an illusion causes the reader to solve the puzzle alongside the characters that we come to adore and root for. Our main characters are thrown into each others lives and have to band together in order to survive Caraval and win the game before time runs out and what Scarlett wants the most is taken from her without wasting a moment. I absolutely fell in love with the characters in this novel, they were so different than any other character that I have been exposed to, and they each were their own person that had their own goals, and didn't always depend on the other in order to accomplish the goals that they were trying to achieve throughout the story. The twists and turns that are present in the novel are even more full of illusions that I had ever expected, and I was completely mesmerized by how the author was able to weave this world so delicately that everything fell into place just as it should have. This novel is truly made of something that can not be found anywhere else, and I highly recommend it to fans of The Wrath and The Dawn by Renée Ahdieh and Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. Caraval will be available for purchase on January 31, 2017 and will be available for pre-order as well.



Oh, and just one more thing...




No comments:

Post a Comment