Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Perfectionists by Sara Shepard Review

The Perfectionists by Sara Shepard

I've always been a fan of Sara's writing, ever since I was gifted the first ten books in the Pretty Little Liars series right after the show first aired on ABC Family, and have loved her books ever since. I already have a review of The Good Girls, the second and final installment in this series, up on my blog, in case you want to check that out as well :) I didn't really know what to expect from this book, mainly because I didn't really know much about the plot when I first bought the book. I had an idea of what was going to happen, but didn't have enough information to really have a steady grasp on what was about to come - and I'm glad for that. The best thing for someone who is about to read this is to not really know much about the book, it adds to the mystery of the book. I really enjoyed meeting all of these new and unique characters that Sara created, and found that none of them were characters that I didn't really connect with or understand. The entire premise of the story is so interesting, and will definitely draw the reader in as they begin to dive deeper into the world of The Perfectionists, and learn that everything is not what it seems. I was never bored while reading this story, and felt that the pace was very well played out and easy to follow as reader and gave the story just enough push that the reader would be able to finish the book in one sitting if they were determined to do so. The twists and turns that Sara includes in the book are truly some that I have never seen before, and it is completely refreshing to be able to see the normal tropes from YA novels be broken down and formed into something new. Anyone who is a fan of Sara's series Pretty Little Liars or The Lying Game will greatly appreciate this novel, as well as fans of The Good Girl by Mary Kubica (similar titles, both completely different and amazing stories!) The mystery, character development, and relationships between characters are all truly stunning, and will indulge any reader who picks up this book.


“She just looked tired. Like she battled the world and the world had won.” 
― Sara ShepardThe Perfectionists

No comments:

Post a Comment